At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a DCS Engineering Group Leader to provide support for control and data collection systems (DCS, PLC, SIS, PI, etc.) including day-to-day troubleshooting and maintenance as well as making and testing programming changes to improve operations for our McIntosh, AL site.
DCS Engineering Group Leader (1700719)
You will handle small to medium scope automation capital projects within your area of responsibility. You will be a working group leader, with responsibility for the coordination and direction of a small group of automation engineers and technicians.
Formula for Success: You Will
- Support high level of asset effectiveness by making and testing software improvements initiated by process improvement ideas, Process Hazard Analysis action items, or responses to incidents.
- Support high level of asset effectiveness by providing day-to-day technical support on various DCS and PLC control systems, including troubleshooting and helping operations.
- Execute software changes for small to medium size capital projects in area of responsibility.
- Stay current with automation technologies, participating in evaluating system obsolescence, performing system upgrades.
- Supervise and provide expert guidance and direction to automation team members to optimize overall DCS processes, participating on various teams such as Process Hazard Analysis teams, Unit Safety Teams, and North American Technical Networks
- Prioritize automation resources to meet daily BU requirements and project needs.
- Ensure skill development of automation resources through coaching, mentoring and appropriate training.
Leadership Core Responsibilities
1. Coach and develop team members to reach their full potential
2. Support development assignments and movement of talent across units
3. Motivate and challenge to drive high performance
4. Commit to "hiring the best" internally and externally
5. Create an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity
6. Execute performance and career development discussions
7. Role model and enable development of competencies in others needed to implement BASF's strategy
8. Establish and support a safety culture in which all accidents are preventable
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.