State Center Community College District
Closing Date: 4/14/2017 at 11:55 PM
Campus Location: Clovis Community College
Start Date: 08/10/2017
Duties and responsibilities include but aren't limited to teaching in the Mechatronics program at Clovis Community College.
The successful candidate for the Mechatronics position will have relevant industrial experience and/or focused academic study necessary to provide instruction in a full range of lower division technical courses including, but not limited to:
- Programmable logic controllers;
- Industrial automation networks and measurement;
- Control systems design, integration, and implementation;
- Human-Machine Interface (HMI);
- Project management and budgeting;
- Quality assurance;
- Facilities planning and operations;
- Participate with faculty to develop and assess student learning outcomes, and use the results to improve teaching and learning;
- Participate in program review;
- Assist in the advancement of the institutional mission and goals; and
- Otherwise fulfilling the duties and responsibilities of instructors as required by Administrative Regulation 7122.
- Any associate degree and six years of professional experience; OR
- Any bachelors degree and two years of professional experience; OR
- A valid California Community College Credential; OR
- The equivalent education and/or experience (requires an equivalency).
All applicants must have demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
- Associates or bachelors degree in Automated Systems, Electro-mechanical Technology, Electrical Engineering Technology, Robotics Technology, or related field;
- Experience in System level trouble shooting on an automated cell that includes Allen Bradley PLCs, SMC Pneumatics, Hydraulics, Electrical Controls, and Motors;
- Previous teaching or training experience, preferably at the community college level.
Conditions of Employment:
177 duty days
Salary and Benefits:
Starting salary is $54,029 $81,342 based on education and experience. A doctoral stipend of $2,021 is available. In addition, the District offers an attractive fringe benefit package including medical, dental, and vision coverage for the employee and dependents, and life insurance. Employees are also members of the California State Teachers Retirement System (CalSTRS).
Applications will be screened to determine which applicants meet the minimum qualifications as stated in the job announcement.From the applicants who meet the minimum qualifications and who have submitted all the required documents, a selection committee will determine the candidates who are best qualified based on the minimum and desirable qualifications. They will be invited to interview.The selection committee will rate responses to the interview questions, teaching demonstration and writing prompt (if applicable). Based on this rating, a small number of applicants will be selected as the recommended candidates. These candidates will be forwarded to the Vice President of Instruction and Student Services and College President for final interviews. A hiring recommendation will be made by the College President and forwarded to the Board of Trustees of State Center Community College District for final approval.State Center Community College District is an equal opportunity employer. It is our pledge to treat all applicants fairly and equitably in the recruitment and selection process. We endeavor to be a service-minded organization and respond to the needs of our applicants.For more information, contact the Academic Human Resources Office, 1525 E. Weldon Avenue, Fresno, California, 93704, (559) 244-5900. For information on Clovis Community College or State Center Community College District, visit our website at www.scccd.edu. Please refer to Position No. 5605.Submission of application and related materials is the applicants responsibility and must be submitted through the districts online applicant portal. The District reserves the right to re-advertise or to delay indefinitely the filling of a position if it is deemed that the applicants for the position do not constitute an adequate applicant pool or if funding is not available. All application materials are subject to verification. False statements may be cause for disqualification or discharge from employment.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: www.scccd.edu
Copyright 2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency