Electrical & Controls Engineer - Capital Projects Team
October 3, 2018
Full Time - Experienced
4 Year Degree
This position is responsible for performing duties pertaining to the operation, maintenance, design, installation, inspection, testing and troubleshooting of electrical power equipment and associated control systems in electric power generating facilities. The Electrical and Controls Engineer will assist in the development and performance of capital improvement and maintenance projects at generation facilities in support of station personnel who operate and maintain electrical systems, equipment, and controls to generate electric power. The Electrical and Controls Engineer will be the subject matter expert across the generation fleet for distributed control systems, programmable logic controllers and other generation plant control systems that may be applicable.
Bachelor's Degree Electrical Engineering
4 years Industrial Plant Project, Design, and/or Construction Experience
Certification and Licensures:
PE License Preferred
About Cooperative Energy
Cooperative Energy serves as the only not-for-profit wholesale electric power
provider headquartered in Mississippi. In this role, Cooperative Energy generates and transmits electricity for 11 Member distribution systems located in the southern and western portions of the state. Cooperative Energy and its 11 Member cooperatives provide power to more than 427,000 homes and business across the state.
• Cooperative Energy employs nearly 450 people across the state of Mississippi.
• Cooperative Energy has a combined generating capacity of 2,325 MW,
representing a diverse generating mix of natural gas, coal, nuclear, hydro and solar.
• Cooperative Energy maintains an expansive network of transmission assets
including 1,800 miles of high-voltage transmission lines and 260 total delivery points.
Cooperative Energy’s Mission is to deliver to our Members reliable and affordable energy in a safe and environmentally-responsible manner. Inherent in this commitment is a set of core Values, which guide our everyday activities:
• Member Focus
• Transparency and Responsiveness
• Fiscal, Regulatory and Environmental Compliance
• Safety and Reliability
• Serve as a Trusted and Value-Adding Resource for Member-owners
Competitive Strengths include:
• An Experienced, Skilled Workforce
• A Long-Term Contractual Relationship with Member Systems
• Financial Health, including that of Members
• Long-range Planning for Cost-Effective Generation Resources
• Fuel Diversity in Generation Resources
Cooperative Energy Electric Governance
Cooperative Energy is owned by its 11 Member cooperatives, who govern and set
policy through a 22-member board of directors. The board is composed of two
voting delegates for each Member cooperative.