ARCO/Murray is a premier, full service design/build general contractor with more than 25 years of experience providing clients with complete project delivery throughout the United States. At ARCO, our goal is to foster an environment of boundless organic growth where advancement opportunities for our associates are limitless.
The ARCO family of companies completed $1.7B in revenue in 2017 and is on pace to continue exceptional growth in 2018. ARCO has been named as one of the Fastest Fifty growing private companies in Chicago for the past 7 years as well as a five-time winner of 101 Best & Brightest Companies in Chicago. ARCO is also a five-time Best Place to Work in Illinois and in 2018, was named #1 mid-sized company in the state. ARCO is currently #15 on the ENR Top 100 Design/Build firms list and #49 on ENR’s Top 400 Contractors list. ARCO’s leadership attributes the companies’ success to its exceptional associates and the award-winning culture they create.
If you are interested in our best in class merit based financial reward structure and are ready to take your career to the next level, consider joining our team of highly successful team of associates. This opportunity combines hands on design, client engagement, system implementation and is a subject matter expert for the electrical discipline within ARCO.
- Assist in business development activities and preliminary electrical designs in pursuit of design/build projects with a specific focus on data center and/or mission critical projects
- Responsible for design and specifications of power and control systems, system layouts, load calculations, equipment sizing and selection, performing calculations of lighting systems, and associated controls for assigned projects
- Work with project teams in purchasing building electrical systems and components directly (light fixtures, electrical gears, electrical equipment, fire alarm systems)
- Review MEP systems designed by others and work with code officials and contractors to ensure compliance w/ local standards/guidelines
- Interface with clients, contractors, and vendors on technical issues
- Assist in development of electrical pre-fabrication efforts
- Review shop drawings and other vendor documentation for conformity with specifications
- Participate in budgeting, scheduling, and staff management
- Provide electrical design direction and resource management on multi-discipline projects
- 5-10 years of experience working for a design/build GC, electrical contractor, or engineering design firm; preferably with a specific focus in data center or mission critical design/construction projects
- BS in Electrical Engineering; with minimum of 3.2 GPA
- Professional Engineer (PE) is preferred; ARCO/Murray will support the pursuit of licensure
- BIM experience preferred
- Able to make decisions under tight deadlines
- Able to organize, plan and manage multiple activities to accomplish desired results
- Act in a manner of integrity that shows support for the company, its values, and the employees, while maintaining constant focus on meeting/exceeding customer requirements and expectations.
**We Offer a Competitive Benefit Package that Includes:**
- Generous bonus program based on merit
- ARCO Funded Profit Sharing Program
- Tuition Reimbursement for Associates
- 1 Month Paid Sabbatical after every 5 years of employment
- Scholarship reimbursement for associates’ children
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance coverage
**ARCO is proud to be an equal opportunity employer**
ARCO/Murray does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies without pre-approval from ARCO’s Human Resource team. Pre-approval is required before any external candidate can be submitted. ARCO/Murray will not be responsible for fees related to unsolicited resumes and for candidates who are submitted directly to our hiring managers.
Internal Number: 2018-2439
About ARCO/Murray National Construction
Our goal is the same today as it was when we started in 1992: to be the very best design-build contractor in the industry. We use a proven design-build methodology to bring our clients’ vision to life while delivering the very best experience.
We have offices to serve clients from coast-to-coast – across an array of industries.
Our expert team of in-house engineers, project managers, superintendents, modelers and architects are capable of designing and building the most demanding projects anywhere in the country.
The Chicago office opened in 2003 to service the Chicagoland area as well as national accounts, and is comprised of three operational divisions: Build-to-Suit/National Accounts, Process, and Interiors; each serving a variety of industry types. Our comprehensive design/build approach allows customers to have a direct relationship with one company instead of dealing with a number of different consulting and management organizations. This single point of contact during a project allows for clear lines of communication and responsibility resulting in significant time and cost savings. Our commitment to our associates and customers alike contributes greatly t...o our success. Due to our “customer first” philosophy, approximately 75% of our annual revenue is with repeat customers. We also understand that a quality job starts with quality people. That is why every one of our Project Managers has an engineering or construction degree and our Superintendents possess a wealth of experience and knowledge. We strive diligently to find the best associates for all positions, and then provide extensive training, arming our associates with relevant information in leadership, technical issues, safety, teamwork, and customer service.