Position Title: Tenure Track Faculty – Advanced Manufacturing
The Department of Engineering Technologies in the College of Technology, Architecture & Applied Engineering is seeking to fill a full time, tenure track position at the rank of Associate Professor, in multidisciplinary areas of advanced manufacturing systems which include automation and integration of intelligent control systems, cyber-security, autonomous robotic systems, and advanced manufacturing processes.
- Teach and develop undergraduate and graduate level courses in advanced manufacturing systems,
- Conduct research that leads to peer-reviewed publications in advanced manufacturing systems,
- Conduct cutting edge research that is supported by external funding,
- Help promote the advancement of programs related to the advanced manufacturing, and provide appropriate service to the department, college, university, and the profession.
Expected Start Date: August 2020.
Application Process: Electronic submission of the following items is required to complete the application packet:
- Cover letter/letter of intent,
- Curriculum vitae,
- Statement of teaching philosophy,
- Unofficial transcripts for degrees completed,
- Statement of research that describes past work and future goals, including a brief description of expected needs for equipment and/or other research support,
- Sample student evaluations if available, and
- A list of three professional references with contact information who will be asked to provide a current (within one year) letter of recommendation
Applicants may be asked to forward additional materials in support of their application. Finalists will be required to submit official letters of recommendations and official transcripts.
Application Deadline: February 3, 2020.
Please contact Dr. Moira van Staaden, Search Committee Chair, Department of Biological Sciences, Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, OH 43403, email@example.com
BGSU policy requires finalists to authorize and pass a background investigation prior to receiving an offer of employment.
Bowling Green State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities regardless of age, gender identity, genetic information, religion, or sexual orientation.
- A doctoral degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, manufacturing engineering, computer engineering or very closely related discipline,
- Evidence of peer reviewed publications and external funding relevant to advanced manufacturing systems,
- Evidence of undergraduate/graduate teaching and course development in advanced manufacturing systems.
- Currently serving as an associate professor or assistant professor with satisfactory credentials to be promoted to associate professor position at the hire,
- At least 5 years of experience in teaching and developing undergraduate/graduate courses at the university level,
- At least 5 years of conducting advanced manufacturing research in related areas that led to peer-reviewed publications and external funding,
- Demonstrated leadership at institutional and professional levels.
About BGSU Office of Human Resources
Bowling Green State University is a tier-one, public university serving 19,000 students on two campuses in northwest Ohio. The University has nationally recognized programs and research in the natural and social sciences, education, arts, business, health and wellness, humanities and applied technologies. BGSU seeks talented individuals to join our community in Bowling Green, Ohio, recognized as one of the “Best College Towns of America.”Bowling Green State University provides experiences that enhance lives. Students are prepared for lifelong career growth, lives of engaged citizenship and leadership in a global society. U.S. News and World Report names BGSU as one of the top public universities nationwide with a strong commitment to first-year programs that lead to success. Within our transformative learning community, we build a welcoming, safe and diverse environment where the creative ideas and achievements of all can benefit others throughout Ohio, the nation and the world.