The Project SW Engineer plays a key role in the software development team in the area of design, implementation, and testing activities for industry-leading commercial software known for its innovation and usability. In particular high performance, real-time scalable features based on Rockwell's Manufacturing Execution System (MES) are often integrated with machine automation and control systems as well as ERP software. Assignments include active participation in requirements development, leading architectural design, coding and testing in all stages of the software development lifecycle.
This role includes collaboration with multiple global cross-functional teams and requires strong communications skills and the ability to work effectively in large project teams. Joining the Rockwell Automation Software Development group allow become part of a team that is committed to using reliable and well-thought-out engineering and software development practices (such as Agile/SCRUM and SAFe) as well as open and direct communications, honesty and respect.
- Develops and documents code, according to the development process, that satisfies the software design.
- Develops and executes thorough unit test plans. Reports, analyzes, debugs and corrects anomalies. Integrates with other components, solving problems across subsystems and products, to produce a final product.
- Leads or participates in reviews of documents, designs, code, test cases and user documentation.
- Provides work estimates and status reports as requested. Maintains adequate interaction to ensure assigned tasks are prioritized appropriately.
- Effectively teams with others through mutually supportive professional relationships, open and direct communication, honesty and respect.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- At least 5 years in a software product development environment (proven experience technical leadership)
- Proficient in data structures, algorithms and object-oriented designs in Java EE programming language internals including class loading, memory management, transaction management, asynchronous message handling, multithreading, localization, etc.
- Experience with Object-Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Database design and programming skills in SQL Server and/or Oracle.
- Familiarity with common development tools as SVN, GitLab, JUnit, JIRA, Jenkins, ANT and Maven
- Domain knowledge in the field of Industrial Automation including MES applications
- Good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills - Familiar with agile development processes
- Communicative English, that enables collaboration with a global team
Internal Number: R21-1757
About Rockwell Automation
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth – and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.